Mauritius Forum  
Mauritius Gallery

Mauritius Accommodation

Mauritius English Home

American Ex-Pat Blogging From Mauritius

for our english speaking user.

Re: American Ex-Pat Blogging From Mauritius

Beitragvon ud » Mi Sep 15, 2010 18:38

So..., according to you everything is hunky dory in Mauritius, no issues, no skin tax, no corruption, ne petty crime, no break ins etc..?

Everyone has the right to their opinion, yes yours included, but does that mean that one has to see the world through rose tinted glasses ?, I'm amazed that you will deny the real reality of life in Mauritius. or are you one of those privileged few that jumps queues at the bank because you're a male which doesn't acknowledge or wish to understand the concept of a queue ?.

Are you reading some imaginary texts where I have said that everything is 100% fine in Mauritius in my post?
The issues you mention apply everywhere in the world. Yes I'm male. The only privileges that I have in life are caring parents, a decent job and my current univerisity studies and no...I've had to take loans for the latter and queued at the bank to get approval after a scrutinous sweep of my personal details.

because, VIOLENT/Murderous crime is low, that is the only reason why I live on this island, however with the proliferation of the drug industry that might change ?. Do you honestly think that folks that live here for a extended period can't decipher for themselves what REALLY goes on ?, do you think that they're in denial like you ?.

The proliferation of the drug industry.....yes such a major problem in Mauritius. Maybe we should ask the CIA to update what they say on their website, after all they should have "all the info", please tell them.

https://www.cia.gov/library/publications/the-world-factbook/geos/mp.html

What a wonderful sentiment, I've had oral sex from many strangers, but not in cyber space, thank you for the experience, wholly inadequate though, needed to supplement your oral skills with my fingers, but, if you don't mind I won't Foxtrot Oscar whilst I have a lobster in the oven, imported from Madagascar of course.

Some people might argue that having had oral sex from many strangers might tell you a few things about that person.

Thank you for your insightful and knowledgeable rose tinted input.

You're most welcome. I love oral sex too but only with someone I love and care for and most importantly no stranger.....

ud
moris forum membre a'élite

Info Mauritius Annonce

Beitragvon leftright » Do Sep 16, 2010 7:47

ud hat geschrieben: The issues you mention apply everywhere in the world.

SKIN TAX is NON existent in western countries, do you pay more for anything in Europe, America, Canada, Scandinavia, because the colour of your skin is different to the locals ?.
ud hat geschrieben:The proliferation of the drug industry.....yes such a major problem in Mauritius. Maybe we should ask the CIA to update what they say on their website, after all they should have "all the info", please tell them.

I'm amazed that you believe or trust anything that despicable imperial organisation says or does, the same liers that said there were WMD in Iraq. The CIA is a spy organisation, their mandate isn't to disseminate the truth, their mandate is to spin the truth to suit their objectives, but I detract, Are you implying that Mauritius doesn't have a drug problem ?, please tell that to my friend whose house was twice broken into by druggies, whereupon they fortified their house to the extent that it puts alcatraz to shame, they also acquired rapid response private security and two dogs. Don't get me started on the dogs...

If Mauritius is such a paragon of civil order,
Why have most if not all Mauritians fortified their houses to the extent that they resemble prisons, what are they afraid of ?.
Why is there a need for private rapid response security at all in your wonderful perfect paradise ?.

I'm really beginning to doubt your objectiveness with regards to the reality of life in Mauritius, you come across as a nationalistic, blindly patriotic individual who is in denial. Step back a bit and take a deep breath, the truth will sink in if you allow it too.

Oh and Patriotism is the first refuge of scoundrels, or the first, middle, and last of fools.

As I said before but allow me to repeat, Mauritius doesn't have violent crime as most other countries do, this to me is it's redeeming factor, and it has internet [biggrin]
leftright
moris explorater
moris explorater

Beitragvon ud » Do Sep 16, 2010 12:56

SKIN TAX is NON existent in western countries, do you pay more for anything in Europe, America, Canada, Scandinavia, because the colour of your skin is different to the locals ?.

Skin tax. When Darwin wrote his theory about human evolution, he didn't envisage that there would still be some with minds still stuck thousand years back and who could so easily be duped. Honestly, are you not sensible enough to fairly judge the estimated price of items and services? Yes Mauritius has the internet as you just pointed out, maybe you could use this tool and do some more research. Expats should learn to be nobody's fools. Apparently my ancestors were the same when they were forced into slavery or easily duped to come to Mauritius as indentured labourers to work the fields after being told that there would be gold found. The taxes regarding foreign nationals wishing to live in Mauritius are justifiable through these housing schemes (IRS e.t.c). Do you know how much it would cost for mauritians to move to western countries? Do a comparison of the taxes and costs for services in the western countries and compare it with Mauritius. Businesses would not outsource to Mauritius if it was not a "tax haven".....

I'm amazed that you believe or trust anything that despicable imperial organisation says or does, the same liers that said there were WMD in Iraq. The CIA is a spy organisation, their mandate isn't to disseminate the truth, their mandate is to spin the truth to suit their objectives, but I detract, Are you implying that Mauritius doesn't have a drug problem ?, please tell that to my friend whose house was twice broken into by druggies, whereupon they fortified their house to the extent that it puts alcatraz to shame, they also acquired rapid response private security and two dogs. Don't get me started on the dogs...

Well fair enough, I guess NGOs like WFO, UNICEF e.t.c are wrong too in their ranking of African countries. I guess large multibillion companies like Trip Adviser and Forbes are wrong too in their ranking of Mauritius amongst the top destinations. With regards to your friend's house being broken into by druggies, well everyday there are cases of thieves arrested and drug clans pinned down and dismantled. Isn't that good news? Did you check the crime rate figures to back your claims? I live near a police station and thieves used to climb the walls from there to get into my neighbour's garden... so loads of people have also been victims of thefts and these happen to mauritians too. I recall reading last month that a band of thieves who were caught had some of them working as ex policemen and private security officers. No wonder they've been successful all this time.

If Mauritius is such a paragon of civil order,
Why have most if not all Mauritians fortified their houses to the extent that they resemble prisons, what are they afraid of ?.
Why is there a need for private rapid response security at all in your wonderful perfect paradise ?.

Honestly, can't you just sit back and have a think about these? do you think western societies don't do the same now? The situation around the world nowadays does not permit you to leave your house unlocked and your properties unchecked. We've passed the time where we could do that. I honestly don't get it how people can just paint such a gloomy picture about a country with things happening all other the world without raising strongly backed up points which I haven't read so far on this forum. I've read everything since I've been a member of this forum, from the Air Mauritius air steward who had sex with a tourist after a day of knowing each other to the existence of a rapid response security service in Mauritius....such terrible things. Give me a damn break. That's pathetic.

I'm really beginning to doubt your objectiveness with regards to the reality of life in Mauritius, you come across as a nationalistic, blindly patriotic individual who is in denial. Step back a bit and take a deep breath, the truth will sink in if you allow it too.

Oh and Patriotism is the first refuge of scoundrels, or the first, middle, and last of fools.

Says who. I'm sure your fellow, the American Ex-Pat could back me up on this. I've heard they have such a strong sense of patriotism that they even have American national flags in their toilets. You've just claimed that we shouldn't believe the CIA. I'm not the one who is in denial but you Sir/Madam with your unjustifiable concerns on the blatant global issues you've "discovered" in Mauritius. I've lived over a quarter of a century in Mauritius both in urban and rural places and have had my share of good and bad experiences. The reality is not that gloomy. It's just so easy to fault things out of frustration based on something that happened to you. I can only feel sorry for that experience of yours if it has been that bad to have you feel like this about Mauritius. This forum has been helpful in trying to give people advice on issues and grief and you can check my previous posts in case you think that I've engaged in a patriotic vandetta against you.

As I said before but allow me to repeat, Mauritius doesn't have violent crime as most other countries do, this to me is it's redeeming factor, and it has internet

Life is such a contradiction sometimes...everything can be painted in gloom right till that last sentence which kind of makes the author back out from his/her claims as an ass covering exercise for not sounding too harsh and prone to scrutinous and justifiable forum replies.
ud

Beitragvon leftright » Do Sep 16, 2010 15:40

ud hat geschrieben: Skin tax. When Darwin wrote his theory about human evolution, he didn't envisage that there would still be some with minds still stuck thousand years back and who could so easily be duped.

And there it is in a nutshell ladies and gentleman, DISHONESTY IS OK, in fact it's pathetic and retarded to be honest and you're a fool to have this virtue.

Ud, you forget that morals and virtues are what define a character, morals and virtues define a individual, and if honesty isn't one of your virtues then you aren't a person that I would befriend at ALL, let alone do business with.

With your statement you have trashed The teachings of Plato, Spinoza, and other great philosophers who have tried to elevate the human species to a higher level, with truth, honesty, respect.

UD if you are representative of the Mauritian mentality then it explains the blatant disregard for honesty during transactions in Mauritius.

Trust, Honesty, Integrity... What lonely virtues, especially in third world countries.

DISHONESTY, is not conducive to the betterment of mankind.
Zuletzt geändert von leftright am Do Sep 16, 2010 22:21, insgesamt 1-mal geändert.
leftright
moris explorater
moris explorater

Beitragvon locallady » Do Sep 16, 2010 16:51

I have been living here for nearly twelve years-came here from the UK with my Mauritian born spouse. I have now dropped the title "ex-pat" as having acquired Mauritian citizenship I now longer feel that the term applies to me.
We live in a small coastal village and have never experienced any problems regarding our security and indeed never have we been ripped off. Learning Creole has endeared me to the locals as has our ongoing and never ending charity work with those who have little. I teach on a voluntary basis and for all this I am regarded with both affection and indeed respect by all those locals with whom I come into regular contact.
Skin Tax????? as far as I and indeed many of my friends here who are in a similar position are concerned we have not experienced this.
This is not paradise but where is????
This is a developing nation and those who find it not sufficiently developed or who are unable to accept it should perhaps think about moving out. I for one will not move back to the UK despite having been born and having lived there for best part of my life. I came here with eyes wide open and have not found anything that seriously wrong which would make me regret the decision I took 12 years ago.
locallady
moris explorater
moris explorater

Beitragvon leftright » Do Sep 16, 2010 18:48

locallady hat geschrieben:This is a developing nation and those who find it not sufficiently developed or who are unable to accept it should perhaps think about moving out.

What do you really mean with that statement ?. Are you implying that because Mauritius is a third world developing country that dishonesty is acceptable ?, I think you do your brothers and sisters a grave injustice with that statement, and according to your statement, if I don't like the dishonesty I should move out, is that how issues of dishonesty and corruption are resolved, by turning a blind eye towards them ?.

I have lived with tribes in Africa who had the most basic of amenities, nothing civilised about their hardware, but they were indeed wonderful to be with and deal with, why, because they had a code of virtues, they had rules, and foremost was, honesty at all times, Thus it was a pleasure dealing with them and living with them.

The fabric of society is woven around trust and honesty, would you like to deal with people that have a set of virtues for their own kind and a different set for outsiders, is that civilised ?.

The level of physical sophistication of a civilisations entrapments is a poor means of determining it's moral and ethical attributes, you can have a first world country whose inhabitants are rotten to the core, and you can have a third world country where the inhabitants are a pleasure to be with. I know where I'd rather be, On the beach with a Mai Tai [biggrin] hope they don't overcharge me for it [cool5]

in conclusion, Third world is NOT synonymous with dishonesty, neither is the first world, it's all about the people, who and what are they ?.
leftright
moris explorater
moris explorater

Beitragvon ud » Do Sep 16, 2010 19:59

And there it is in a nutshell ladies and gentleman, DISHONESTY IS OK, in fact it's pathetic and retarded to be honest and you're a fool to have this virtue.

Ud, you forget that morals and virtues are what define a character, morals and virtues define a individual, and if honesty isn't one of your virtues then you aren't a person that I would befriend at ALL, let alone do business with.

With your statement you have trashed The teachings of Plato, Spinoza, and other great philosophers who have tried to elevate the human species to a higher level, with truth, honesty, respect.

Ohhh you've started teaching philosophy now? Hmm it's amazing really. Is it such a surprise that locals tend to raise the price of the articles they sell at the sight of tourists to make a little bit more money? Even Mother Theresa would not really class it as dishonesty. Don't you think that people in other tourist destinations do the same let it be the odd taxi driver who picks you up at the airport or the seashell seller on the beach? Is this as harsh as dishonesty or just people earning peanuts jumping on an opportunity to earn a bit more? Why don't you target the government for raising the tax bands and tv license costs? Isn't that dishonesty albeit extortion?

Had I acted and completely agreed with what you said, would that have made me a character that fits your definition of morals and virtues? I don't really know what you've been through but I simply can't agree with the points you're raising. You just sound like one of these member of parliament zealots throwing their agenda on the table without solid proof to back them up. How are these things you're saying unique to Mauritius? Dishonesty, Skin tax? What a load of bollocks. Hell I've been victim of racial verbal abuse by women in the UK because of my skin colour and have been ripped off on my tax and utilities bill which I've had to claim. Do I go around and cry aloud like you? No, I learn from my mistakes and adapt my next approach. I avoided hotspots and chavy areas. I calculated my bills every month from then.

I'm sorry that you feel like this towards me and that I am a person that you would not befriend simply because I don't agree with you (so does the lady who posted above).

UD if you are representative of the Mauritian mentality then it explains the blatant disregard for honesty during transactions in Mauritius.

Trust, Honesty, Integrity... What lonely virtues, especially in third world countries.

DISHONESTY, is not conducive to the betterment of mankind.

Dear Mother Theresa, this is a forum and the whole damn point of a forum is to express your personal views whilst adhering to rules. My views don't necessarily represent what everyone in Mauritius thinks although arguably they might if people were reading this post. You can't prevent people from being tempted in doing things to improve their lives. You can personally live your life as a trustworthy person honest and full of integrity and teach your entourage the same thing and let the law deal the rest. That's most of us are doing and it's been working so far.

Why don't you just put your bad experience into words, post it in the forum for people to comment instead of raising general awareness on global issues and the recent discovery of how bad things do exist in Mauritius because so far the points you've tried to raise in this forum are rather incoherent and not unique to Mauritius. You've got me all wrong too and even targetted my personality and integrity. I'm not a bad person neither are you.

Regards

udester
ud

Beitragvon leftright » Do Sep 16, 2010 21:12

ud hat geschrieben: You can't prevent people from being tempted in doing things to improve their lives.

So in your books stealing from strangers or anyone is OK ?, as long as it improves your life ?.

Every time you post you reveal a bit more of your untrustworthy character. Your true colours perhaps ?.
Zuletzt geändert von leftright am Do Sep 16, 2010 22:18, insgesamt 1-mal geändert.
leftright
moris explorater
moris explorater

Beitragvon ud » Do Sep 16, 2010 21:45

So in your books stealing from strangers or anyone is OK ?, as long as it improves your life ?.

Ohh it seems that you have some issues reading my posts. You usually start from the top left with the starting paragraph , read each and every line and then finish with the last line at the bottom right of the last paragraph. Not picking bits of phrases here and there and recombining them to construct a sentence on something I haven't said.

Every time you post you reveal a bit more of your untrustworthy character. Your true colours perhaps ?

Every time you post shows how you're running out of ideas and valid info to backup your claims. You've reached a point where you're even misquoting me and accusing me of being an untrustworthy person. It's usually a last resort for a weak character.
ud

Beitragvon leftright » Do Sep 16, 2010 22:17

ud hat geschrieben: You've reached a point where you're even misquoting

It isn't possible to misquote you, not with the cute quote button available which then highlights your text verbatim.

One thing is blatantly evident, culturally we're different, and my culture doesn't jell with yours, never will, as my ethics are totally different to yours. You are happy to utilise dishonesty with which to improve your life, at my expense.
ud hat geschrieben: Skin tax. When Darwin wrote his theory about human evolution, he didn't envisage that there would still be some with minds still stuck thousand years back and who could so easily be duped.

But hey, this is going round and round and becoming tedious, In future when dealing with YOUR TYPE, (cheater), I'll assume that you're trying to rip me off and act appropriately.
See how quickly evolution happened.
Zuletzt geändert von leftright am Do Sep 16, 2010 22:31, insgesamt 2-mal geändert.
leftright
moris explorater
moris explorater

Info Mauritius Annonce

VorherigeNächste

Zurück zu Mauritius Forum English