Mauritius Gallery

Mauritius Accommodation

Mauritius English Home

Advice on jobseeking

for our english speaking user.

Advice on jobseeking

Beitragvon tlegge » Mo Mai 07, 2007 1:45

Hi all,

Im posting to see if there is anyone here who might have some advice on where to go and who to talk to about finding work in Mauritius.
I currently work for a video games producer on their MMORPG, so I'm looking for something in the IT industry that would make best use of my experiance.

You can contact me directly on timlegge2003@yahoo.co.uk or post a reply here for me.

Sorry if the about is a little brife, but I didn't want post a life history for folks to read.

Thanks in advance for the help :)

tlegge
nouvo
nouvo

Info Mauritius Annonce

Beitragvon ud » Mo Mai 07, 2007 18:04

I'm not sure that there are games development companies in Mauritius....I'll try to look for something!
ud
moris forum membre a'élite

Beitragvon tlegge » Di Mai 08, 2007 15:28

Thats very kind of you.

Im more involved in the support side of things, so idealy a Games Company would be perfect, as my most recent work experiance is within the games industry, but any kind of support related job, 2nd line and byond would be fine.

With some luck Ill be visiting Mauritius in the next month or so, and Ill be having a poke around to see what I can find there in terms of oppotunities.

Thanks again for your reply :)
tlegge
nouvo
nouvo

Beitragvon ud » Di Mai 08, 2007 21:19

Hey there,

I just got back from chatting to some people from the IT background in Mauritius.

Unfortunately, there aren't any Games Development Companies......but.....there are other fields like Web Design, Programming and Software Development but they are quite saturated nowadays and it is really difficult to get a job with a decent salary.

Most of the companies that fall under those category tend to employ Indians with expertise to complement the skills shortage.

But since you're coming in a month or so (hopefully) you might prove me wrong if you go and try to liaise directly with some people from certain companies. Previous Work Experience are always an advantage!

Make sure you go there:

http://www.e-cybercity.mu/

Well that's it I guess....really!

Take Care

udester
ud

Beitragvon tlegge » Di Mai 08, 2007 23:34

Thanks alot for the reply.
I'm on my way to check out the site you posted and Ill let you knohow my trip there turns out :)

Best reagrds

Valic
tlegge
nouvo
nouvo

Zurück zu Mauritius Forum English