Liebe Kinder der Info Mauritius,
das mauritianische government möchte neue regelung im gang bringen,
Wir alle wissen das unsere strände und meer gehören zu unsere patrimoine, plublic zu jede mauritianer. Das gouvernment möchte es ändern und das jede strände gekauft oder zu ein leasing beworben kann.
Das heisst nicht nur strände sondern auch ocean gebiete.
Das Bill sagt, jede der sich in diese makierte gebiet reinkommt droht ein haftstrafe von bis zu 12 monate...oder eine geldstrafe von bis zu 100 000 rouppies!!!!
Ihr könnt euch das impact vorstellen für unsere Kinder und unsere gewässer wenn sowas im gang kommt. Das impact ist nicht nur am strand sondern unsere gewässer werden gefärhdet durch massen fischerei, aquaculture mit sogenannte granulat die den ganzen lagune zerstört ( Siehe Soputh Asia) oder Madagakar, millitärische zwecke ( wie beim Diego Garcia) usw...Madaskar und Asia leidet schon stark an umwelt vermutzung und massen destruction durch Japanischen und Spanischen fisch firmen.
Für unsere kleine fischer die davon leben werden es nicht einfach haben damit zu überleben. Am wochen- end kein strand ohne zu bezahlen, destruction von lagune, ocean gebiete....usw....
Hier auf english paar wichtige paragrapf:
wish to point out a few points of the new legislation which will have an impact on the users of the sea and the general public:
- Point 2 of the Explanatory Memorandum at the beginning of the bill sets out provisions for leases over parts of the sea which shall cease to form part of "Domaine Public" as defined in Article 538 of the Civil Code meaning that the lagoon and sea which form part of our patrimoine (public domain) and which do not belong to Government will be removed from the said Domaine Public and therefore from our patrimoine
- Section 6 (1) of the Bill reads as follows: " An applicant may request the Minister to grant him a lease over a portion of the coastal waters and of any adjacent land for the purpose of exercising an aquatic business activity" meaning that the lagoon and sea which belong to the public (and not to the State) and which form part of Domaine Public under Article 538 of the Civil Code will be leased to some persons or companies which will have the exclusive use of portions of the lagoon and sea against payment. These portions of coastal waters will cease to form part of Domaine Public and will be removed from our patrimoine public
- Section 7 (3) "Any person who has entered a marked-off area shall, on being requested to do so by the lessee or an enforcement officer, leave the area forthwith" the use will be privative and the public will not have the jouissance of this portion of sea or lagoon any more and we will have to quit, leave and vacate the said portions of lagoon and ocean
- Section 11 (b) of the Bill reads as follows: " Any person who fails to comply with a request to leave a marked-off area" shall commit an offence and shall, on convictionm, be liable to imprisonment for a term not exceeding 12 months or to a fine not exceeding 100,000 rupees" meaning that no member of the public or any other person will have the right to enter any leased portion of land.
You may therefore make your own judgement on the consequences of the passing of the said legislation on the rights of the public on the sea including the lagoon, public including:
- Members of the public and citizens who will not have access to certain portions of the sea and lagoon for the proper enjoyment of their activities (bathing, swimming, snorkelling) as these portions will have been "sold" or "leased" to other persons
- Divers: all the diving sites located within the leased areas will not be accessible any more (privative exclusive use by the lessee only)
- Swimmers and snorkellers: No right to enter a leased lagoon area (exclusive use by the lessee)
- Pleasure Craft owners including catamaran owners, excursion boats: No access will be available through the leased area. You may notice from a map included as attached document that large areas of sea have been earmarked in the aquaculture master plan and that the boats will not have the jouissance of these portions of the sea (former Domaine Public) and they will have to reroute or change their route to avoid the said leased areas when navigating at sea
- Big Game Fishing: The access to these portions of lagoon/ocean leased will be prohibited, reducing the fishing grounds and the fish stocks in case of tuna ranching campaigns implying seiners to catch small tunas and consequences on the navigation routes/free access to all the sea
- Artisanal fishermen: No access to portions of the Public Domain and reduction of their fishing grounds and catch depending on tht methods used for aquaculture
- Hotels: The area of lagoon in front of the hotel may be leased for an aquaculture project, being detrimental to the normal activities of the hotel
- Any other group, association or company involved with the sea may be affected as access or navigation will be prohibited to parts of the lagoon/sea which will be subject to rpivate exclusive uses by the lessee.
Wenn Ihr eure insel liebt, dann schütz sie auch mit uns und gibt uns eure stimme das wir etwas da gegen tun.
Vassen ist ein bekannte meeres biologue in Mauritius, sendet eure stimme gegen diese gesetz an ihm, bitte macht schnell da wir am 14 Juni ein anderes meeting ist und eure stimme zählt.
It will equally be important to assess the environmental impacts of such developments on the marine environment knowing that tuna ranching by spanish companies has completely destroyed the pelagic fish stocks and that aquaculture has heavily polluted large coastal areas in madagascar and Soputh East Asia due to the use of granules/organic flours to feed the fish/shrimps...
The consequences of the passing of such an act are therefore numerous, and it is your duty as a responsible citizen thinking about the future of your children to take cognisance of this Bill and to send your comments/objections as soon as possible in order to allow me to incorporate them in the memorandum which will be sent to the Ministry of Agro-Industry and Fisheries on or before 17 June, 2007. You may do so by sending me an email on: firstname.lastname@example.org
or by fax on: 466 4594.
Kindly note that we have organised a meeting at the Centre Social Marie Reine de La Paix (in front of Ambassade de France) Rue St Georges, Port Louis next Thursday 14 June, 2007 at 10h30 in the morning to take stock of all your comments and that your presence, that of your friends, family or associations, companies and all other persons which feel concerned about this proposed Bill would be most welcome.
Kindly circulate this email and extend this invitation for the meeting of Thursday 14 June, 2007 at 10h30 at Port Louis to all the members of your private personal mailing lists or address book that you feel would be implicated by the said Bill which in fact concerns all the citizens and people living in Mauritius.
Thanking you in anticipation
Für die wo nicht english könnt hier ein vor mail, einfach eure name und land dazu schreiben:
I have today make reception of a document referring new laws about leasing and selling plots of the sea.!
Very openly, I shall declare my opinion about such laws to you.
It is complete madness and vicious to think about making some part of the sea leas able or sellable. This goes far beyond the human rights and equanimity, and does not at all reflect the ‘ Arme de Maurice ‘ – the star and the key of the Indian Ocean. Or did they mean the star of exaggerated exploitation of Indian Ocean who posses the key of destruction!?
It is absolute nonsense, and would be an unrighteous act favouring discrimination and inequity among the folk. Every man has the right to sail wherever the wind can carry him. Every one is free to watch Mauritius from a different sea angle, fish and swim on any part of the lagoon, reefs or Mauritian shores as long as it is not a reserve. Exploring and enjoying the vastness of the sea is our birth right, and limiting it for commercial purpose is unjust, unfair for all who live from the sea. If a government has not enough wisdom to understand the trouble and unfairness that such laws would generate, it means that it has no more its place to govern the country. For indeed, a Government is supposed to:
• Help the evolution of its country both economically and environmentally for the prosperity and well being of its nation, which is not the case with such laws.
• Promote balance, equality and support whatever the level, ability and standard of the parts of the nation, and this for the basis fundamental human rights, which is not the case with such laws.
• To hear about the nation needs and act according to those with wisdom. There is no wisdom from imposing not less that 12 month prison to one who would dare enjoy the sea in a leased zone!
• To promote environment care and awareness activities in order to coop with worldly needs rather than introducing further territorial limitations.
There is a great conspiracy in such a movement based on millions of roupees. Is Money the arrow target of our government? By such laws, I would say yes, because this time, it dramatically changing the future of the nation.
It will favour some and disfavour others, it will generate hatred misbalance. If this Bill is going into motion, I will be ashamed of my country, and its governors.
Ocean Spirit Diving Center
eure Zomme (Olivier Fayolle- CMAS ** Instructor)