(Orginal kann unter der Adresse Paws Mauritius in Facebook gefunden werden)
PLEASE SHARE, SHARE, SHARE: Ministry of Environment (Mauritius) starts MASS CATCH AND KILL of all BEACH DOGS NEXT WEEK!!
Sad, sad news that was confirmed yesterday by the Ministry. The Ministry will start a MASSIVE catch and KILL of all BEACH DOGS, this in spite of being warned that killing harmless animals is NOT the solution. The ONLY solution is EDUCATION and MASS-STERILISATION !! The killing will start in Flic-en-Flac, Belle-Mare, Mon Choisy, Blue Bay and then spread to other beaches.
Dogs on the beaches will be caught, taken to MSAW Rose-Hill. They will have 3 days to be claimed/adopted. After the 3 days they will then be taken to the pound to be killed. Unfortunately we cannot even use the words "humanely euthanised" as there is no "humane" (inflicting the minimum of pain) in HOW the euthanasia is being performed today.
HOW YOU CAN HELP?
1. By spreading the word around you online and offline
2. By letting it be known that you are AGAINST this mass catch-and-kill on FB or by emailing to authorities (firstname.lastname@example.org)
3. By ADOPTING and SAVING a beach puppy/teenage dog/adult NOW instead of BUYING a breed dog
4. By ADOPTING from your local animal welfare NGOs: PAWS, ELI Wooff , Saving Our Strays ( SOS ) - Dogs Of Mauritius so that we can SAVE MORE beach dogs
5. If you are feeding a beach dog today, please inbox us a picture/description/location/mobile and we will create an album for potential adopters
6. Non-mauritians: please email the authorities and tell them you are not happy with this situation!! We have so many beach dogs who have been adopted by tourists and gone abroad to lead a happy, pampered life
7. If you live near a beach, keep your dogs secure inside your yard and when you go out for a stroll, always keep your dog on a LEASH
8. If you own a hotel, please contact PAWS for our successful DOG or CAT cafe projects whereby the hotel takes care of its strays and works with PAWS for sterilisation of its dogs and education of its staff.
Let us SAVE as MANY as those harmless and innocent animals as we can! Time is running out