Travel Info Mauritius
Webcam Mauritius
Weather Mauritius
  Mauritius Forum  
Mauritius Gallery
Mauritius Accommodation
Mauritius English Home

Our first post.....but not the last!

here you can introduce your self or place your website here, if private or commercial.

Our first post.....but not the last!

Postby goneglobal » Sun Sep 19, 2010 13:59

Hello to all,

My wife and I are semi-retired and spend several months each year travelling. I was born in the US.....she was born in France....and our 23 yo son and 27 yo daughter were born in Australia! So as you can see, we travel around-the-world just to visit our families! We are currently living in Paris.

We will be in Mauritius for the last three weeks of January, 2011 before taking a ship, the MS Pride to Reunion for a week or so, and then another ship, the MS Trochetia onto Madagascar for around 6 weeks.

In Mauritius, the ideal plan for us is to rent (or swap) accomodation in three different parts of the island, each for around a week, from the 10th of January. I mentioned 'swap' because our home in Paris is unoccupied for several months each year, most certainly when we are travelling! And it is a 3 bedroom house, not an apartment, which is quite rare in Paris. The equivilent on your island would be a beachfront villa if you have a property like this or know someone who does and would consider "free" accomodation in the City of Light.....

We travel on a budget and are willing to pay "the going rate" for private accommodation , depending on the place and it's location....if it's within a few minutes walk to the beach and a bus stop, etc.

As far as car rental is concerned, we are inclined to use a local company and spend 750-1000 MUR per day on a walk-in basis. We're a bit concerned that it's going to be 'peak' season....but will not get sucked into anything in advance that we may regret!

If you have or know of a place on the island that either you or your friends rent on a weekly basis , then please let us know!

Thanks in advance!

Info Mauritius Annonce

Re: Our first post.....but not the last!

Postby nancystewarts » Thu Oct 07, 2010 13:01

WOW.. Nice to have you folks.. out here. Nancy here.. :wink)
encor Basic
encor Basic

Return to Introduce Your Self