Travel Info Mauritius

Webcam Mauritius

Weather Mauritius
  Mauritius Forum  
Mauritius Gallery

Mauritius Accommodation

Mauritius English Home

hello from a mad carp fisher in the UK

here you can introduce your self or place your website here, if private or commercial.

hello from a mad carp fisher in the UK

Beitragvon Davey G » So Jun 05, 2011 22:00

Evening all, I'm Davey G and I will be staying with family in mauritius during June and I can't wait.

Being an absolute nutter about fishing and fish, I want to make sure I'm in with a chance to catch a whacker or two so hope that one or two of the locals whose posts I've read will be able to help.

I'll post on the forum my questions as not to clogg up the introductions page [angel]

Davey G
encor Basic
encor Basic

Info Mauritius Annonce

Re: hello from a mad carp fisher in the UK

Beitragvon saily » Mo Jun 06, 2011 1:29

Hi,

bad news, you visit the island outside the "Big Fish" season. Marlinfishing is very slow in June.

You can try to fish for GT`s - they are around the island every month. But Mauritius is not a very good
place to do that kind of fishing... but you would find one of the best places worldwide for this fishing on
the neigbourisland rodriguez. You can find big "corangue" - how they call the GT on this island - there.

Don`t waist your time and money for GT fishing on Mauritius....

Regards

saily
Wir leben alle unter einem Himmel, doch wir haben nicht alle den gleichen Horizont!
saily
aide boucou
aide boucou

Beitragvon Davey G » Mo Jun 06, 2011 9:42

Thanks Saily,

Shame because I thought the GT's partrolled the reef in Maritius and I really did fancy connecting with some of these. anyhow plenty more fish in the sea to aim for and but not bothered about the big masculine sit in a chair and wait for a marlin caper, I've done that before and to be honest I think its just an overpriced 8 hour boat ride [biggrin] .

What I'm after is a local fisherman, his boat and to catch as many species as I possibly can, so should I be targeting fish like tuna, dorado and Wahoo?

Also what could I catch from inshore of the reef? I'l taking a light spinning setup so anything to around 10kg would be perfect

Thanks again
Davey G
encor Basic
encor Basic

Beitragvon saily » Di Jun 07, 2011 1:46

Hey Davey,

first - please excuse my english grammar - I am a little untrained the last time....

You are right - sometimes Marlinfishing can be kind of boring. After 3 or more days of waiting for the "Big Bang"
it can sometimes be kind of frustrating.... but i am hooked on this adventure. For me it is one the most exciting
things of the world... but to be honest I must say in the meantime carpfishing has become very boring for me...
and I really liked it some years ago. So I know that view can change during the years.

I think you will not find contacts to local fishermen on the island here in the www..... the local fisherman go out with
old small boats with often 1 ! very old outborder on them... no sunshade or something else... its really hard work to go
out with them... They are not allowed to go out with tourists normally. And they have to pay a lot of money when they preach
against this law. However I am sure you will find somebody who wil take you with him... but you have to win his faith first.
This guys always know what is to catch actually....

Fishing inshore is not interesting. Only small reef fishes.... bigger fishes inshore are very seldom.... do not even dream of
10kg fishes... whistle

Go there and check it out! Wish you a lot of luck!

Tight lines

saily
Wir leben alle unter einem Himmel, doch wir haben nicht alle den gleichen Horizont!
saily
aide boucou
aide boucou

Zurück zu Introduce Your Self