Travel Info Mauritius

Webcam Mauritius

Weather Mauritius
  Mauritius Forum  
Mauritius Gallery

Mauritius Accommodation

Mauritius English Home

Happy to be with all of you!

here you can introduce your self or place your website here, if private or commercial.

Happy to be with all of you!

Beitragvon Yuma » Fr Aug 20, 2010 20:57

Hello everybody!
First of all, my best compliments to the Administrator(s), and all the members! [clapping]

I live near Milan in Italy and I am reading a lot of stuff about Mauritius because I'd like to move...
I travelled and lived in South America and Canada, now i come back to Italy but i really need to move and find something different

It's more than one year that Mauritius is on my possible plans, and i'm reading up a lot: I already have an original idea to develop as a self-employed
Too bad laws and rules seem to be not so clear, so I am here trying to understand better, and I hope that in the future I'll be able to give my contribution to the forum

In this moment I'd need to understand the situation of the Permanent residence because i don't want to find myself hanging every three years to the occupation permit: I know that the PM's Office is not receiving these applications...
I found in the Deutsch part of the forum this thread http://www.info-mauritius.com/forum/post51497.html?hilit=residence%20permit#p51497, but i don't understand German and the google translator fails just in the essential part! [nea]

Now, I don't know if it's useful to open a similar thread (but in english!) about these rules, clarifications and the news [help]

Many thanks to everybody!

Logic will get you from A to B. Imagination will take you everywhere Albert Einstein
Don't worry, life is as a mirror, it smiles to you if you looks it smiling.. Jim Morrison

Bossa Nova Music
Yuma
encor Basic
encor Basic

Info Mauritius Annonce

Re: Happy to be with all of you!

Beitragvon Yuma » Di Aug 24, 2010 15:10

OK, I'll try to open a Thread about this legal (and I suppose "boring") stuff, that coud be updated with the news

Ah... I'm the 5555 member... and i wish to the forum others 5555 members [nyam1]
Logic will get you from A to B. Imagination will take you everywhere Albert Einstein
Don't worry, life is as a mirror, it smiles to you if you looks it smiling.. Jim Morrison

Bossa Nova Music
Yuma
encor Basic
encor Basic

Beitragvon nancystewarts » Do Sep 16, 2010 19:39

Welcome.. nice to have you here. :wink)
nancystewarts
encor Basic
encor Basic

Beitragvon wickus » Do Sep 16, 2010 20:56

Found this in the german thread you linked above, on the first page: [biggrin]

BOARD OF INVESTMENT – WORK AND LIVE DEPARTMENT

Guidelines for applying for an Occupation Permit
(Investor, Self-employed, Professional)
Applicants for Occupation Permit should come in person for registration and submission of applications with the Board of Investment.
Eligibility criteria for registration
(1) Investor: The business activity should generate a turnover exceeding MRU 4 million annually with an initial investment of USD100,000 or its equivalent in freely convertible foreign currency.
If there is more than one investor in the same company applying for an Occupation Permit, the turnover criteria should apply in respect of each applicant (i.e MRU 8 million for two applicants, MRU 12 million for three applicants, and so on)
(2) Professional: Basic salary should exceed MRU 75,000 monthly
(3) Self-employed:Income from the business activity should exceed MRU 600,000 annually with an initial investment of USD 35,000 or its equivalent in freely convertible foreign currency.
Registration Process
A duly filled-in registration form should be submitted along with an application for Occupation Permit. A registration certificate may be issued to eligible applicants.
• An investor should produce his business plan for the activity stating initial investment amount and sources of funds, business registration card, company certificate of incorporation and shareholding structure showing him as both director and shareholder
• A self-employed should produce his business plan for the activity stating initial investment amount and sources of funds, business registration card and evidence of qualifications in the related field
• A professional should produce his contract of employment, the certificate of incorporation and business registration card of the company employing him, and evidence of his professional qualifications in the related field.
Application for Occupation Permit
An application for Occupation Permit should be made on the “Application for Occupation Permit” form.
The following documents are required:-
Note: Applicants are requested to produce originals and one copy of each required document.
For all categories (Investor, self-employed, professional):
• Passport (must have minimum validity of 6 months and a valid business visa). Copy of last entry visa page is also needed.
• Birth certificate (If not in English or French, an authorised translated copy certified by a competent authority to be produced.)
• Four recent identical colour passport sized photographs
• A medical certificate issued by a doctor in Mauritius, together with result of HIV test, Hepatitis B Surface Antigen test and chest x-ray report (see details on medical form)
• Occupation Permit Fee: Investor and self employed - MRU 10,000.
Professional - MRU 6,000 if the period applied for is 2 years or less,
- MRU 10,000 for period above 2 years and up to 3 years
Payment must be made by an office cheque drawn to the order of the Government of Mauritius. Payment in cash, personal or company cheque are not accepted.
© Board of Investment March 2010 2
For Investor and Self-Employed only:
• A bank guarantee of MRU 50,000 made in favour of Government of Mauritius
For Professional only:
• The company employing the professional should submit an undertaking (as set out in section 5 of the application form) that it will meet any expense or charge likely to be incurred for the maintenance, support or the repatriation of the holder of the occupation permit to his/her/ country of origin / residence on termination of the contract of employment or for any other reason whatsoever
Application for Residence Permit for accompanying dependents
For spouse and children under 18 only, an application for a residence permit should be made on the form “Application to enter Mauritius” and submitted along with the following documents:-
• Marriage certificate. For unmarried partners, official document proving cohabitation/civil partnership/common law partners etc is required
• Passport of each dependent (should have a minimum 6 months validity and a valid visa). Copy of last entry visa page is also needed.
• Birth certificate of each dependent. (Full birth certificate in case of children) (If not in English or French, an authorised translated copy certified by a competent authority to be produced)
• Four recent identical colour passport sized photographs of each dependent
• A medical certificate for each dependent issued by a doctor in Mauritius plus result of HIV test, Hepatitis B Surface Antigen test and chest x ray report (see details on medical form)
• A bank guarantee of MRU 20,000 for each dependent, made in favour of the Government of Mauritius
Note: Applicants are requested to submit one copy of each required document.
Cancellation of an Occupation Permit:
For investor and self employed: The applicant should inform the Board of Investment in writing when he ceases to work and live in Mauritius.
For professional: The employer should inform the Board of Investment in writing upon termination of the employment of the professional stating clearly the reasons for termination of the contract.
The Board of Investment may deregister the applicant and notify Passport and Immigration Office to cancel the Occupation Permit and return any bank guarantee submitted. The original permit and card should be returned to the Passport and Immigration Office and the Registration Certificate should be returned to the Board of Investment.
An Occupation Permit may be cancelled if the holder no longer satisfies the criteria and conditions of registration, or has acted in contravention to any laws of Mauritius, or has given any false or misleading information at the time of application.

Important information
1. No application for Occupation Permit will be accepted if there is evidence that the applicant is suffering from any infectious or contagious disease.
2. Medical tests should have been done no longer than six months before date of submitting an application for Occupation Permit.
3. Children under 12 years of age are not required to do blood tests or chest X ray, unless directed by the medical practitioner. They should however obtain a medical certificate.
4. Dependents include spouse and children under 18 only. Spouse includes both married and common law partners. Children include legally adopted children and children from a previous marriage.
5. Unmarried partners are eligible for six months residence permit, renewable thereafter.
6. In case of divorced parents, evidence of legal custody of child is required. Where the occupation permit holder applies for residence permit for his child but not for the spouse, the consent of the spouse is required. The letter of consent should be certified by a competent authority.
7. Processing time for Occupation Permit is three working days. For Residence Permit for dependents please allow between three and five working days.
8. Where appropriate, marriage certificate, divorce decree, death certificate of spouse or any other documents evidencing change of name should also be produced.
9. Employers should ensure professionals employed by them obtain compulsory registration, where required, with the relevant professional bodies or councils in Mauritius, for example Medical Council, Council of Engineers, etc, BEFORE they start working.
10. The Investor and Self employed should ensure they obtain the relevant permits and licences prior to starting their business activity. They should also comply with conditions of regulated activities.
11. A post office box address is not acceptable as a residential or business address.
Applicants should immediately notify the Board of Investment in writing of any change in their particulars inclusive of business and residential address.
These guidelines may be subject to changes and should not, in any circumstances, be treated as final. Any other information or document not listed above may be requested depending on the application.
Application forms, guidelines and other useful information leaflets may be obtained from:
Work and Live Department
Board of Investment
Ground Floor , One Cathedral Square,16 Jules Koenig Street Port-Louis - Mauritius
Tel: + (230) 203 3800 (for queries on applications)
Tel: + (230) 211 3800 (for general information on working and living in Mauritius)
Fax:+(230) 208 8160
Email:op@investmauritius.com
www.investmauritius.com
wickus
moris forum membre a'élite
moris forum membre a'élite

Bilder: 0

Zurück zu Introduce Your Self