Travel Info Mauritius

Webcam Mauritius

Weather Mauritius
  Mauritius Forum  
Mauritius Gallery

Mauritius Accommodation

Mauritius English Home

Hi everybody

here you can introduce your self or place your website here, if private or commercial.

Hi everybody

Beitragvon blueworld » Di Okt 20, 2009 19:35

It's time to introduce myself to all of you ...mauritians!
I'm thinking to relocate next year, I know the rules and the difficulties...
first of all the needed turnover for the permanent permit that is 5 times :pp) more than the one asked for obtaining the 3 years residence & work permit.

I'm from Rome but I live in the north of Italy from more than 10 years: many ask me how could I leave Rome, like others (non italians) ask me how could I'll be leaving from Italy... I believe that many of you will understand me without any explication i:()

I'm a journalist and documentaries are my work and my passion. Living between Asia, India and Africa sounds strategical to me...

My dream is to find a "world corner" in Mauritius, a little house in the island up-country with a close head of the river, furnished with every kind of ecological stuff... (and in the same way I hope that Mauritius will distinguish itself in the best way in this field)

And just hope to find any heli-ambulance if needed :ploppop
and however trying to live in a totally self sufficient way

blueworld
encor Basic
encor Basic

Info Mauritius Annonce

Beitragvon wickus » Di Okt 20, 2009 20:56

Leaving Rome is one thing hope you didn't do it do move to Milano :mrgreen: heard that Milan people are a bit snobby. (Had a colleague from Bari once)
wickus
moris forum membre a'élite

Bilder: 0

Beitragvon blueworld » Di Okt 20, 2009 22:17

wickus hat geschrieben:Leaving Rome is one thing hope you didn't do it do move to Milano :mrgreen: heard that Milan people are a bit snobby. (Had a colleague from Bari once)

It's a little bit strange but in Italy we have two "different" countries, and Rome is just the cutting knife...
Milan is a little snob (even if you'll find extremely difficult to know someone that was born in Milan from milanese parents)
but Rome is so proud, so proud... that your city's identity can be stricken out if you stay more than 3 days in Milan :lol: :pp) :Q
blueworld
encor Basic
encor Basic

@blueworld

Beitragvon MmeTortue » Mi Okt 21, 2009 6:25

Hello blueworld,

You seem to have the right approach regarding rules and difficulties; originating from Italy is definitely an advantage with regard to the behavior of 'official administation' etc. here. At least you are much better prepared than I was when I moved here from Germany 11 years ago.

I almost fainted when my husband asked me to keep a 100 Rupeenote hidden in my hand which would be helpful getting a necessary document copy immediately and not having to wait for a week. I didn't know something like this at all being a brave, strictly by the (offical) rules playing German woman...
I know it's also common in Italy as I had some similar experience with Italian customs when I was working for a German publisher and some of our material which had been sent for exhibitions in Bologna, Rome and Cefalu got stuck in customs...

I don't know if you will find the kind of accomodation you are looking for, we're close to the sea, as my husband's family lives here. However I wish you best of luck!

The bad news is there is no heli-ambulance here, the good news is: we've got some car ambulances nowadays. I remember when I moved here whenever something happened to someone we had to put him/her in the next car we could lay our hands on and off to the hospital we went...

Very best wishes and good luck with your plans!

Mme. Tortue
DER WEG IST DAS ZIEL!
MmeTortue

Beitragvon blueworld » Mi Okt 21, 2009 18:35

Thank you very much MmeTortue!

You know, many times I was talking with some friends from France, Germany, UK... and everyone had some corruption story, but mine was always the best!

...and not bad for Germany too, with Siemens' corruption (about 1400 (!) million euros spread all over the world), or the Man (trucks) group, and ending with the last case: more than 100 professors from across Germany are suspected of bestowing doctoral titles in exchange for bribes!

For sure in Germany no one defend the "perpetrator" (I remember Merkel's statements towards Khol...) whereas in Italy there's always someone ready to defend the worste blameworthy person :pp)
So the difference is between the one's that dig for defeating corruption and the others...

in the same way that all politicians "embezzle": but someone quite a little and, anyway, acts good in his work, whereas others steal a lot and don't care at all for people's needs

About the heli-ambulance I'm very surprised! What about if an accident occurs to a film or music star in "the middle" of the island?? I know there're different good private hospitals but I think it's not so easy and fast to reach one by car, in this case...

About sustainability I don't know if it's a topic worthy argument...
I believe it could be important for Mauritius image and economy, so I submit this links

-Eleven North Sea islands have signed up to become living laboratories for a waste-free environment. waste prevention

-The Japanese island where the rubbish collectors never come. BBC News
blueworld
encor Basic
encor Basic

Beitragvon MmeTortue » Do Okt 22, 2009 15:31

Hello blueworld,

Thanks for your response and the links. Very interesting information although the village in Japan covered in link no. 2 is exactly at the other end of the scale than Mauritius. Hope you get what I mean?

Whenever I walk my dogs in the fields I find trash and I wonder if people really take their bikes to get rid of their waste? I don't get it because the 'camion de poubelle' or wastetruck comes twice a week so there's no need to throw waste around like they do.

One good thing happened a few months ago: You now get money if you collect plastic bottles and deliver them to an agency. Suddenly some people walk around with big bags and collect wasted bottles. Of course it was much better if we hadn't plastic bottles at all but Vital & Cie., the local water providers only sell it that way.

Mme. Tortue
DER WEG IST DAS ZIEL!
MmeTortue

Beitragvon wickus » Do Okt 22, 2009 17:40

One good thing happened a few months ago: You now get money if you collect plastic bottles and deliver them to an agency. Suddenly some people walk around with big bags and collect wasted bottles. Of course it was much better if we hadn't plastic bottles at all but Vital & Cie., the local water providers only sell it that way.

Yes and I tried to bring a box of glass bottles, white and brown, to the hands of fame...but they only recycle Coke and Fanta bottles for their glasses shop...what a bloody joke...
maybe someone knows a container somewhere? Michael from the Quartier Gourmet mentioned a container at shoprite but it seems they only have plastic container there, beside some paper container also.
Whenever I walk my dogs in the fields I find trash and I wonder if people really take their bikes to get rid of their waste? I don't get it because the 'camion de poubelle' or wastetruck comes twice a week so there's no need to throw waste around like they do.

In Albion I saw them coming 4 times a week. Twice on Saturday and twice on Wednesday (always within 10 minutes) :mrgreen:
But globally I don't understand this too. Especially the twits burning their trash when it will be picked up at their house. And then probably these people having a sticker against the incinerater on their car.
wickus

Bilder: 0

Beitragvon blueworld » Fr Okt 23, 2009 17:55

I understand that the situation is not easy, even if my knowledge is only web-based :O)
but I'm sure that Mauritius image (and economy!) would be so much improved acting this kind of innovation
for sure the stakes are high, and nobody can afford to be careless (let's ask to seichelles' inhabitans...)

I know there're problems with "bureaucrats", stray dogs, dangerous driving but... the most important, I think, for Mauritius' image and future is a new and real ecological care

Anyway there're plenty of solutions for recycling but the only innovation is... education: this is "the" way!
burning trash, I suppose, is part of the "education" and it just should be changed with a new one :ob

I hope so much that the gov will accept my self employed application, so that I could support and be part of this change i:() :PPP)
blueworld
encor Basic
encor Basic

Beitragvon Titus » Sa Okt 24, 2009 7:56

blueworld hat geschrieben:.. the most important, I think, for Mauritius' image and future is a new and real ecological care

Anyway there're plenty of solutions for recycling but the only innovation is... education: this is "the" way!
burning trash, I suppose, is part of the "education" and it just should be changed with a new one :ob

I hope so much that the gov will accept my self employed application, so that I could support and be part of this change i:() :PPP)

Wow ! You really hope to change the world !
I hope you've got a few generations time !
Titus

Bilder: 2

Beitragvon blueworld » Sa Okt 24, 2009 15:13

Titus hat geschrieben:Wow ! You really hope to change the world !
I hope you've got a few generations time !

Yes, I'm quite enough an idealist, but I was not "written" by Cervantes!

I do not strive for changing the entire world, just want to act in the best way, and for sure I believe that the world should change this status quo.

And it seems clear to me that for some countries (in reason of their economies) is more important to undertake this policy, driven by wisdom and willingness...

"The journey of a thousand miles begins with a single step." Lao Tzu :ploppop
blueworld
encor Basic
encor Basic

Info Mauritius Annonce

Nächste

Zurück zu Introduce Your Self